Sunday, July 21, 2013

Little Orphan Girl


I know that I am prone to freaking out. I think that it really is genetic. I worry, and man, am I good at it! Well last Sunday Michelle went to nursery for the first time. I stayed for a couple minutes and then left, she seemed fine so out I went. She did great and they didn't have to come get me or anything. Hooray! I thought to myself. Now we will be able to make it through church again! Her melt downs were getting pretty ridiculous. So this week I gladly took her back to nursery and didn't worry a bit. When I got there there was no nursery leader. After a while a sub came. I was a little concerned about it but another parent said they would stay so off I went to Sunday School.
About 10 minutes before Sunday School was over a woman I didn't know taps me on the shoulder holding Michelle and tells me she found her in the hallway.
Ummmmm.... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
I followed her back out into the hallway to get the whole story. (random: apparently joe knows who she is because he served in their ward on his mission and they are frequent summer visitors). Her 7ish yr old son saw Michelle wandering the hallways and told his mom "she's about to be an orphan!" She (thankfully) knew something was up and started asking people if they knew who she belonged to. Well since we are only summer people and most of the people there are visitors it took a few askings to figure it out. Thankfully someone sent her to us and we got our little girl back. I have no clue how long she was wandering and am SO grateful to Heavenly Father for keeping her safe... even if she wasn't where I thought she was. Thank goodness none of the doors were propped open like they often are on hot Sundays or she probably would have wandered into the parking lot or street.
I went to the nursery to tell them that I would just be holding onto her for the rest of the day and they didn't even know she was gone...(and she can't open doors yet so she had an accomplice of some sort) So yeah, I was all pumped about nursery and doing really good about not worrying about her but that is all out the window now, I don't want her to be little orphan Michelle!!!
P.S. I am so very thankful for the entire primary program and I know first hand how hard the nursery calling is, and West Yellowstone is even more overwhelming with lots of visitors coming and going. BUT as a momma, this was a BIG freak out day. She was kept safe and if you have to get lost a Mormon church is a pretty good place but I am a big old worry wort.
P.P.S. Michelle was totally unphased.... maybe Playmill has eliminated her fear of strangers... this could be a problem.
P.P.P.S. I am still pumped about nursery at home, I know those leaders and they are awesome ;) Also it would be really awkward if your neighbor lost your child so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen.

No comments: