Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2014

I guess this is a tradition for us now because this is the third year that we have gone to the Linder Farms Pumpkin Patch. It is a fun activity and we go on half price admission night (with Michelle still being free) so as long as we are reasonable with our pumpkin choices it turns out to be a fairly inexpensive family activity.
It was fun to see how much more into it Michelle was this year, she wanted to point out all the big pumpkins and the little pumpkins and the ones that had gotten squashed by the tractor. She was not however, interested in stopping two seconds for a picture ;)
She was also very concerned about her pumpkin the 3-4 times she fell and dropped/ landed on it. Thankfully it was a sturdy little thing ;)




 Does it get any cuter than these two? I'll let you know in a couple months ;)

The next week for FHE we painted our pumpkins. For some strange reason Joe had never done this. I am certain that I have painted more pumpkins in my life than I have carved. It didn't exactly work out as I had envisioned but.. oh well. Joe outlined the letter B using a red pen....don't do that if you are painting with cream and glitter. And I taped a chevron pattern on Michelle's with masking tape so that she could just go to town painting and I could still get a pretty cute pumpkin out of it :) good idea but I must have bought the wrong paint because it wanted to peel right off of the pumpkin- I don't remember that problem growing up.

But they still look pretty cute I think, besides they are on the ground by the front door so hopefully people aren't looking that closely ;)







No comments: